Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic that we just don’t get tired of. Our traditional spaghetti Bolognese recipe is made with homemade Bolognese sauce and tender chunks of beef, making this dish a family favourite. This spaghetti Bolognese recipe will be one of the best recipe for spaghetti Bolognese you’ve ever tried, as it’s been carefully tested in our kitchen. With this simple Bolognese recipe, you can ditch the jar of ready made sauce – it will be the best decision you ever make. This classic tomato-based sauce is flavoured with garlic, oregano and a hint of Worcestershire sauce, for an explosion of flavour. Because you’re making the delicious Bolognese sauce yourself from scratch, you can avoid the excessive quantities of salt and sugar that you sometimes find in shop-bought sauces – but don’t worry, this Bolognese recipe is still easy and super simple to make. With this recipe for spaghetti Bolognese, you can feed 4 people, but if you need to make dinner for more people, all you have to do is double up this spaghetti Bolognese recipe.
This easy spaghetti Bolognese recipe has also been triple tested in the Woman’s Weekly kitchen so you know it’s going to be a hit with your friends or family! This simple recipe will show you how to make spaghetti bolognese in the easiest way possible. It takes approximately 50 mins to make, so you can have dinner ready on the table in less than an hour, perfect if you want a homemade and filling supper but don’t have much time. If you have any leftovers, pop into a Tupperware or airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. You could also freeze leftovers; just make sure you defrost thoroughly before reheating. It will be the best spaghetti Bolognese recipe you’ve ever tried!
If you want to try something different you could swap the beef mince for pork, turkey or even Quorn mince.
For the spaghetti Bolognese sauce:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500g lean minced beef
- 90g mushrooms, sliced
- 1tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 400g can tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 300ml hot beef stock
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup or purée
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350g spaghetti
- freshly grated Parmesan
- Put the onion and oil in a large pan and fry over a fairly high heat for 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and mince and fry until they both brown. Add the mushrooms and herbs, and cook for another couple of mins.
Stir in the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato ketchup or purée, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 mins
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water, according to packet instructions. Drain well, run hot water through it, put it back in the pan and add a dash of olive oil, if you like, then stir in the meat sauce. Serve in hot bowls and hand round Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top.