Still pondering over what you should make for dinner? Try one of the recipes below!
- Healthy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Ingredients: 2 cups 12 ounces diced or shredded cooked chicken (like rotisserie chicken meat), 1 ½ cups enchilada sauce, 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheese, 8 6-inch corn tortillas, Optional garnish: sour cream sliced green onion, sliced olives, diced avocado or guacamole
Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, toss together chicken, half of the enchilada sauce (about ¾ cup) and half of the cheese (about ½ cup).
Place 4 of the tortillas in the bottom of the prepared dish, tearing them as necessary to cover the bottom (overlapping is fine).
Top with half of the chicken mixture and drizzle with ¼ cup of enchilada sauce. Repeat layers one more time.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes (until cheese melted and casserole is hot and bubbly).
Garnish with optional toppings!
2. Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients: 6 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, Whole rotisserie chicken, cooked and shredded ,1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided and shredded, 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1 (6.25 oz) jar of pesto
- Turn on broiler to high. Place bell peppers under broiler and broil from 5 minutes on each side until skin blisters and begins to turn black.
- Remove peppers from oven, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese, the pesto and the quinoa and toss to coat.
- Once peppers are cool enough to handle, slice in half and remove membranes and seeds. Add a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to each pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
3. Teriyaki Chicken
Ingredients (4 servings): 2 lb chicken thighs, sliced into chunks, 1 cup soy sauce, ½ cup brown sugar
- Sear the chicken thighs evenly in a pan, then flip.
- Add the soy sauce and brown sugar, stirring and bringing to a boil.
- Stir until the sauce has reduced and evenly glazes the chicken.
- Serve with rice, if desired!