- 1 (12 oz) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon or cinnamon ground cardamom
- 1 (30 oz) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (5.1 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (14 oz) packages gingerbread mix
- 1/2 cup optional gingersnaps
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, clear bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.