planning a trip to Europe, here are some things that will help you applying for a Schengen Visa. There are 44 countries europe and around 26 countries will allow entry based upon schengen visa. rest of the countries that are not part of the Schengen Zone, may allow foreign citizens of other non-Schengen countries to enter and stay in their territories, only by showing a valid multiple-entry Schengen Visa. You do not need a national visa issued from these countries to enter, transit or stay in their territory temporarily.
Here are some of things to consider if you are applying for visa
- for a better use of your wallet use google/flight search and plan the country where you are going to enter, and the country where you’re going to exit.
- plan your itinerary based on how many days you need to stay per city and what are the sight seeing you must see in that city.
- The cost of a Schengen visa fee is €60 per adults (Check the list of Schengen Visa fees.). you can prepay or pay at the embassy on your appt date.
- It is better to buy a refundable flight ticket.
- Schengen visa requires (minimal coverage of 30,000 EUR for medical emergencies) you to have Medical Insurance and instead of buying it from market place check it with your current provider. Most of the health insurance provider will give the letter to provide coverage in europe.
- You need to provide your stay information in europe so use booking.com or any USA major brand hotels which gives free cancellation just before arrival.
- You need to provide two months bank statement for visa requirement (have no of stay x 100 euro in your checking account)
- If switzerland is in your trip among other european countries then plan for switzerland embassy where might get a visa within a week and you might get a walk in even if you don’t have prior appt.
- you need to take an appointment with embassy at least two months in advance.
- for photo :- use costco/cvs or DIY https://www.idphoto4you.com/ and use walmart/target to get it printed.
- get some euro cash from major national bank, the bank will take it back if you don’t use them
- take a credit card/ATM check card with no foreign transaction fees.
keep a physical copy and copies of all the documents in google drive/whatsapp- family group before your travel.