017 Volunteen Program at Northside Hospital-Atlanta – See “Important Dates” below.
Applications for the 2017 summer teen program will be available here and in the auxiliary office on January 16, 2017.
- Teens must have turned 14 in the previous year and be no older than 18 years of age.
- Volunteens must work a minimum of one 3-4 hour shift per week, typically Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. totaling 32 hours for the 8 weeks.
- Only 1 excused absence will be allowed.
- Volunteens are expected to report promptly to his or her service on the assigned day and time.
- Appropriate uniform must be worn at all times. Uniforms will be discussed at the interview and orientation.
- Applications for new teens will be available online in late January. Return them to our office as soon as possible – we fill up very quickly.
- We suggest that you obtain your immunization documents and a letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or a teacher prior to downloading the application – this expedites the process.
- Returning teens will receive an invitation/application letter if they completed the full summer program of a minimum of 32 hours.
- New teens must have a personal interview at Northside Hospital-Atlanta. A parent/guardian must attend.
All teens accepted into the program must attend a mandatory Orientation session. Attendance is required for participation in this program.
No teen will be allowed to miss the first week of the program.
Two skin tests for Tuberculosis will be required AFTER interviews and BEFORE work begins. Tests must be read 48-72 hours after this test is administered.
IMPORTANT DATES 2017
January 9 – Invitation is mailed to qualified returning teens.
January 16 – Applications are available online and in the auxiliary office. Check back to this website.
February 3 – Deadline for Returning Teen applications
March 4 or March 11 – Interviews with new applicants (mandatory)
May 31- Orientation (mandatory)
June 5 – First day of Summer Program – all teens must be able to work this first week.
July 29 – Last day of Summer Program
August 2 – Awards Night
Only teens who have worked with us during the summer are allowed to work during the school year.